[ic] Solaris 10 install problems

Josh Johnson jdj1971 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 15:48:17 UTC 2009

________________________________
From: Davor Ocelic <docelic at spinlocksolutions.com>
To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
Sent: Thu, December 10, 2009 6:14:17 AM
Subject: Re: [ic] Solaris 10 install problems

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:18:52 -0800 (PST)
Josh Johnson <jdj1971 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > 513, <IN> line 3. />/ / Please compile your Perl with GDBM support.
> > First step is to install the GDBM development libraries on your
> > system.

>If you're using the correct version of Perl and have the GDBM
>libs correctly installed, then the following line should print
>"YES" on screen:
>
>  perl -MGDBM_File -e 'print "YES\n"'
>
>Report your results.
>
>Cya,
>-doc

Ok we're making progress with help from you guys!

the GDBM_File.pm didn't get compiled and installed. I compiled it manually/separately and installed it. Now interchange will work but only if I launch it with --DEBUG=1. Starting normally I still get "interchange server is unavailable".

It's not creating the unix socket files in etc when I start interchange normally. It'll only create them when I start in debug mode.