[ic] [display] state_select value problem - More info

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Fri Dec 25 20:47:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-25 at 15:25 -0500, Rick Bragg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Happy holidays to all.
>
> I am having an issue with getting the value back from a state_select
> display:
>
> I have the display following in a form:
>
>   [display name=test_state type=state_select value="[value test_state]"]
>
> however, when I submit that, the value for [value test_state] is empty.
>
> How do I use the state_select display to set a value in something like
> [value test_state]?
>
> Thanks
> Rick

More info:

Also, below that I have the country select as follows:

  [display name=test_country type=country_select value="[value test_country]"]

The value for [value test_country] returns whatever country I select
perfectly, and when I change it on the form, the state_select selections
also update perfectly.  i.e. when I change from US to CA, the Canada
provinces are displayed in the state_select select list, but I never get
a value in [value test_state].

Thanks
Rick