[ic] multiple package pricing

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Thu Feb 12 15:41:29 UTC 2009

From: "kerry" <kerry at basicq.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:08 AM
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Subject: Re: [ic] multiple package pricing

> Thanks Steve, but I have about 100 different price breaks now to cover the
> product line. I did try, but just don't think it will work. I also tried
> the option solution Marty suggested, but could not figure out how to make
> it clear that the qty 1 needed to be ordered when getting the box instead
> of each. It would be nice it I could make the package show up by the qty.
> EA, BX, Pair. etc.

We have basically implemented 2 different skus. 1 sku is for singles, and
they can order any qty the want, and the other sku is for full boxes. This
makes the vendor stock two different shelf items, but it takes care of the
problem. You can list the box qty sku in the product description or use the
promotion feature in IC to show the associated item.

The real solution would be to make IC create a new line item entry for the
qty that exceeds the box qty (or multiple of the box qty). You would have to
enter a new field into the inventory database for case/box qty for each sku
and do the necessary coding at some point after the user clicks the
add-to-cart button.

I need this feature also, but have settled on the easy-out for now.

Steve