[ic] Retrieving Search Element Values

rapier rapier at psc.edu
Wed Feb 18 23:16:13 UTC 2009

I'm trying to find a reasonable way of retrieving search element values
from a search request.

For example, say I have a site that sells various types of widgets and
geegaws. The product list would include
Flavor	Class
Heavy 	Widget
Plastic Widget
Bouncy 	Widget
Fluffy	Widget
Heavy 	Geegaw
Silly 	Geegaw
Metal 	Geegaw
Bouncy 	Geegaw

Every time someone searches for a widget I'd like to display a specific
block of text. When they search for Geegaws I don't want that text
displayed. Likewise, if they are searching for anything Heavy I don't
want to display the text.

Essentially what I'm looking for is some method to use in the results
page to determine what the mv_search_field and mv_searchspec was.

I tried displaying those values using the [cgi] tag in the I thought the
[cgi] tag might be of use but its not.

I've also tried (based on an mv code extract in one of the documentation
pages).

[search-region]
[set searchspec][/set]
[perl]
$Scratch->{searchspec} = $options{mv_searchspec};
[/perl]
-[scratch ss]-
[/search-region]

and I'm not getting a result with that either.

Does anyone have a clue on this?