[ic] Who's Online for Interchange

Don dhthwy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 00:48:02 UTC 2009

Gert van der Spoel wrote:
>>> Subject: [ic] Who's Online for Interchange
>>>
>>> I wrote a program for Interchange that is based off of OSCommerce's
>>> Who's
>>> Online feature.
>>>

>> Hi Don,
>>
>> I've installed it and it looks very nice :)
>>
>> I notice two things in my set up:
>> 1) The IP Address field is sometimes empty. I suspect this is the case
>> when it is not possible to resolve the IP. However I'd expect it to
>> then just show the IP number (which are available in the session). So
>> I'd either show the IP number when it cannot resove or a simple text to
>> explain why the IP is not showing ('cannot resolve') instead of leaving
>> it empty.
>>
>> 2) For me the Last URL is always showing as 'n/a' and also in the
>> details there is no breadcrumb information showing .. I've had a quick
>> look and it appears to be related to the breadcrumbs.tag which looks to
>> be the one setting breadcrumbs data in the session. As far as I can
>> tell this tag is only supplied if you install the foundation and is
>> then being used. In case you have a 'build from scratch' site it does
>> not come automatically .... I think that default there is a 'History'
>> hash in the session or something like that.
>>
>> Anyway it is almost replacing my tail -f /www/catalog/logs/usertrack |
>> grep -E "(ADDITEM)"  :)
>>

> One more thing I noticed is that it will start to 'internal server error'
> after an order has been placed. This is probably related to my install where
> I clear a session after an order was placed. However it would be nice to
> gracefully die and not 'explode' ;)
>
> CU,
>
> Gert

Hello Gert,

Thanks for the report.  It now looks for History in the session.
I also fixed the problem where it wasn't showing anything if it couldn't
resolve the hostname.

As for the internal server error, is there something in the error log
you can email to me when this happens? or to this list if you don't mind
sending it here.

I went through the code today and changed a few things, so maybe the
changes i made will also fix that problem as well.

For anyone that has already downloaded it please grab the new tag here:
http://www.mhtg.net/interch/wo/whosonline.tag

or the patch here:
http://www.mhtg.net/interch/wo/whosonline.tag.patch

If anyone experiences any problems, please let me know.
Thanks, Don