[ic] [interchange-core] [interchange-cvs] interchange - docelic modified lib/Vend/Util.pm

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Sun Jan 11 21:08:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:22:27 -0500
Mike Heins <mike at perusion.com> wrote:

> Quoting interchange-cvs at icdevgroup.org
> (interchange-cvs at icdevgroup.org):
> > User:      docelic
> > Date:      2009-01-08 18:43:13 GMT
> > Modified:  lib/Vend Util.pm
> > Log:
> > * Correct .access functionality directly in pages/
> >
> >   .access worked in subdirectories like pages/abc/, but didn't work
> > directly under pages/. (Instead of looking for pages/.access, it
> > was looking for pages/PAGENAME/.access)
>
> This was intended, actually. Whether it makes sense in this day and
> age I am not sure. But we didn't want to do the processing for every
> access.

Oh, too bad that the code looked like a real omission, with no
indication that it was intended.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Hearing that it was intended, I'm kind of in favor of undoing
the change and reverting to previous behavior, where .access
was not being honored in the toplevel dir (pages/).

-doc