[ic] Product URL's with product name, not sku

Rene interchange at hertell.com
Tue Jan 20 13:20:41 UTC 2009

tom at readyink.com wrote:
> I would like to have URL's like www.site.com/green_product.html rather
> than www.site.com/cgi-bin/mystore/sku1234.html.
>
> Would adding a RewriteRule in my .htaccess file for every product be the
> best way to do this?  I don't know yet how many changes to Interchange I
> would have to make ti implement this.
>
> I have read about ActionMap's but haven't totally grasped that feature
> yet, or if/how it could be used to do this.

Hi Tom,

ActionMAps is what you are looking for. Here is a great example that
explains it really well:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/archive/interchange-users/2002/msg14248.html

You can also find some other and maybe more coplex examples in the
archieves, but this is a great one for getting forward.

Regards,

René