[ic] Rich Text Editor (htmlarea)

tom at readyink.com tom at readyink.com
Wed Jan 21 23:42:08 UTC 2009

Sorry, one more question.

The perldoc for the htmlarea (Rich Text) widget indicates this thing
should pretty much work out of the box.

I have a new 5.6 installation.  I installed htmlarea and fckeditor in my
htdocs dir, and both demos function.

I had to figure out a way to get the htmlarea initialization code into the
admin header, even though the documentation implies that this is only
needed if you are 'planning on using it outside the UI'.  For the
fckeditor
flavour, there is a typo where it says htmlarea below:

    [tmp tmp_hpath][either]__HTMLAREA_PATH__[or]/htmlarea/[/either][/tmp]

It does not work.  Looing at the htmlarea first demo, there are three
<script> sections in the header, two of which ARE the same as what IC
provides in the docs.  There is also a onload function in the <body> tag i
n the demo.  I could not get the demo to work without these things.  Does
this really work out of the box for anyone?

tom

tom