[ic] options list sorting

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Jan 29 14:59:45 UTC 2009

Quoting kerry (kerry at basicq.com):
> It seems like my problem has come up before on the sort order of the
> simple options placed on an item. I found this solution from the list, but
> all I can get it to do is sort the options in the options table while
> editing.
>
> ">Quoting Mike Heins (mheins at redhat.com)
> >
> > >You can edit the options table and set the o_sort field,
> >which
> > >will control the sorting of the options.
> >
> >Mike I don't know how to use the o_sort field.  I cant find
> >any documentation or archives on proper usage.  I tried
> >several options in this field but can't get the items
> >sorted.  I am using simple options if that matters.
> >
> >Thanks for your help
>
> The new documentation might be of some help in the matter:
>
> http://ic.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/icfoundation_31.html
>
> HAND,"
>
> The link given above is no longer valid. So, am I missing a step in
> setting the o_sort field? Is there another file I need to edit to turn on
> the sort?

Did you try setting the o_sort field in the "options" table? Via the
table editor or otherwise?

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike at perusion.com>

One conclusion should be obvious: If nations such as Indonesia,
Bangladesh and Thailand can not make themselves inoffensive to Militant
Islamism there is no way that the United States could perform such a
feat, no matter which policies we changed or how much our public
diplomacy improved. -- Clifford May