[ic] Setting up Interchange and basic commands for Linux/Perl

Scott Winterstein 0turn1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:57:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Stefan Hornburg <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:

> I would suggest to start with a tutorial/howto/book about Linux/Perl to
> get at least a basic idea what you are going to do.
>
> For quick results, drop into the #interchange IRC channel on
> irc.freenode.net.
>
> Regards
>        Racke

Racke:
 I appreciate the input. I have exp. in command line. I have worked with
cgi, perl, php, etc., etc. I just looked at alot of the information on
installing this and am looking for more straight forward installation help.
I have uploaded the files and uncompressed them. They right now are in a
folder (http://www.azlecomputers.com/demo) on my server. I have a program
called putty i am using to get in. Cant I just use telnet to do the same
thing? But when I try to telnet I get a failure? The server is a Linux
server with what is required of by Interchange to work. Any one that can
help just walk me through or get me going in the right direction is
appreciated.

Scott