[ic] Setting up Interchange part 3

Scott Winterstein 0turn1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 04:12:46 UTC 2009

>   After running perl Makefile.PL  a new file has been created called
> ‘Makefile’ … ‘make’  is a command that helps in (re)compiling the sources
> in a useful application, which the would be tested by ‘make test’  and
> installed by ‘make install’. If the command ‘make’ gives a response that
> the file does not exist it is possible that you do not have the ’make’
> command available.  Or the ‘Makefile’  file has not been created …  Check
> if the ‘Makefile’ exists:  ls –als Makefile  (on the same commandline
> location as you ran perl Makefile.PL) Check if ‘make’ exists perhaps via:
> ‘which make’   or ‘locate -r make$’  … If there is no ‘make’ program
> available it will not work to get Interchange installed, you’d have to check
> with your ISP if you should have access to that program and if so where it
> is located.But looking at the huge learning curve you will have to get
> anything done with Interchange, why would you actually want to use it,
> instead of looking at something perhaps more easy to install and more
> suitable to your needs? CU, Gert

Ill try this out. I understand the learning curve will be large. But I want
to learn this. Which will make the challenge worth it. Plus this program is
very well done so it will be worth it to learn how to install it and get it
working. Any help on the end of the users here of this forum will not be a
waste of time as I am an apt pupil. Thanks for your time!

Scott