[ic] MV_HTTP_CHARSET overrides charset Meta tag

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Mon Jul 20 08:45:54 UTC 2009

[mailto:interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of Raymond Cheng

>Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 1:21 AM

>To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org

>Subject: [ic] MV_HTTP_CHARSET overrides charset Meta tag

>Hello, everyone:

>Unless MV_HTTP_CHARSET is set, or otherwise all pages are automatically
default to iso-8859-1 and the setting overrides Meta tag settings. I >have a
catalog with Chinese big5 coding with Meta tag as the following.

>This meta tag works with version 5.6 until MV_HTTP_CHARSET is introduced at
5.7. I noticed the setting is in the server.pm. Can I just >delete
iso-8859-1 and leave the default setting of MV_HTTP_CHARSET empty? At least
this will allow charset to be set from meta tag. Thank >you.

>Regards

>Raymond

Why not set MV_HTTP_CHARSET Big5

CU,