[ic] Konqueror browser problem

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Mon Jul 20 21:01:42 UTC 2009

On Monday 20 July 2009 21:07:56 DB wrote:
> I'm not sure this is really an IC question, but I only see this behavior
> on my IC sites.
>
> When I'm on the checkout page and hit recalculate, Konqueror (KDE's
> default browser) asks me what application I want to use to open
> https://mydomain.com/process.html (it thinks it is a plain text
> document).  If I tell it it use Konqueror to open such documents, I get
> a only new blank window. Other https pages open fine, including the
> cart. I only see the problem when IC tries to recalculate on the
> checkout page.
>
> Does anyone have an idea what's going on here?
>
> DB

I know that Konqueror doesn't like MS-centric sites (who does ..), but it
shouldn't have a problem with IC. Eg, run through
http://www.naturaleurope.com and hit the update button when either the
checkout or basket becomes the 'process' page. No problem here using
Konqueror 3.5.8. If it's OK for you then it's a site (or Apache)
configuration problem; if it's not OK then it's more likely to be the local
configuration; though in either case remedies don't immediately present
themselves as obvious.

--
Lyn St George
http://www.zolotek.net