[ic] can we link directly to a product page and track affiliate info?

Natalia Usselman natalia at idea-bureau.com
Wed Jul 22 14:55:45 UTC 2009

Hi, I am just starting to work with Interchange. I have a client that is
wanting to do more with affiliates on their website. We want to let the
affiliates link to a specific product page.

I have looked at Interchange documentation and I am under impression that
the products CAN be linked to directly and the affiliate name can be passed
in the URL, so from URL
https://www.shopthevalley.ca/cgi-bin/shopthevalley?mv_pc=KelownaEvents the
variable mv_pc should be passed down to individual products.

However, this is not happenning. When I enter the website at the affiliate
URL and get to individual products, the variable in URL changes

http://www.shopthevalley.ca/cgi-bin/shopthevalley/THOR-011.html?id=vIb6IyeZ&mv_pc=595

Could you please explain to me how the affiliate information is tracked in
Interchange? I took the URL of the product and stuck the mv_pc=KelownaEvents
at the end of it instead of 595 number and did a test purchase, but the sale
did not record as affiliate sale.
Natalia

Natalia Usselman
250-448-7996
www.idea-bureau.com
Feature Project:
Search BC campgrounds by proximity to water, electrical hook-ups and more at
www.gocampingbc.com