[ic] [item-subtotal] in array lists

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Wed Jun 3 13:24:34 UTC 2009

Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke at linuxia.de):
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a reason that [item-subtotal] doesn't work in array lists like
>>
>> [query sql="select sku,quantity from cart_products where cart = 2009" list=1]
>> [/query]
>>
>> It appears to be an omission which should be fixed in Interpolate.pm.
>>

> Why? There is no cart item to subtotal.

Table cart_products has sku and quantity as the inline shopping cart.
So there are cart items to subtotal.

Purpose:

I don't want to store saved carts (and wishlists) into Perl hashes
inside database fields.

> Now if you decided to allow
> cart items to be arrays as well as hashes,
>
> I think it would be as useful to have [item-math quantity * subtotal].

IMHO all lists should behave pretty much the same. These undocumented
exceptions aren't any good.

Regards
          Racke

Interchange Development Team