[ic] The Git Parable

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Jun 5 00:44:03 UTC 2009

Interchangers,

It's been a little over a week since we switched Interchange's source code
repository to Git:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/news?mv_arg=00034

I hope by now that you've had a chance to check out the new Interchange
Git repository, clone a copy to your workstation, and experiment a bit
with that and the Gitweb and GitHub browsing options.

The following recently published article is a gentle introduction to Git
conceptually, which can make it much easier to working with than when
merely trying to translate habits from other version control systems, and
I recommend everyone new to Git take a few minutes to read it:

http://tom.preston-werner.com/2009/05/19/the-git-parable.html

There are also links for deeper study at the end of the article.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation