[ic] The Git Parable

Boyd Lynn Gerber gerberb at zenez.com
Mon Jun 8 20:22:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Jon Jensen wrote:
> It's been a little over a week since we switched Interchange's source
> code repository to Git:
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/news?mv_arg=00034
>
> I hope by now that you've had a chance to check out the new Interchange
> Git repository, clone a copy to your workstation, and experiment a bit
> with that and the Gitweb and GitHub browsing options.
>
> The following recently published article is a gentle introduction to Git
> conceptually, which can make it much easier to working with than when
> merely trying to translate habits from other version control systems,
> and I recommend everyone new to Git take a few minutes to read it:
>
> http://tom.preston-werner.com/2009/05/19/the-git-parable.html
>
> There are also links for deeper study at the end of the article.

Thanks, I really like things in git.  It has made my life a lot easier.  I
have scripts that daily sync my local with the main git repo's.  It has
really assisted me with the things I need to do.  Thanks for moving
everything to git.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb at zenez.com> 801 849-0213
ZENEZ	1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047