[ic] Threaded Perl

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Jun 12 05:25:53 UTC 2009

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke at linuxia.de):
> Bob Puff at NLE wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I recall a thread that said the current IC works ok with current
> > threaded perl.  My question: Is this due to recent fixes in perl, or IC?
> >

> Due to fixes in Perl / DBI.

Note: DBI still recommends not running with a threaded Perl. And remember
you lose 10-30% of your performance.

> > The reason: I have a few people on a old server running old IC.  I want
> > to migrate this to a newer server, which will have a much more recent
> > version of perl.  Was wondering if I still need to compile a separate
> > perl like I had to before.
>
> You don't need to compile a separate Perl.

Unless you want your Interchange to run 10-30% faster.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A pro
practices until he can't get it wrong. -- unknown