[ic] Upgrade procedure

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Jun 14 16:58:05 UTC 2009

On 06/14/2009 09:29 AM, Grant wrote:
> Database variable scalar parameter VARIABLE.TXT redefined to "TAB", was "TAB".

You have a duplicate Database line for your variable database.  check
your catalog.cfg and included files (including files in the dbconf
directory and subdirectories).

> Warning while compiling UserTag 'ups_query':
> "my" variable $result masks earlier declaration in same scope at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Business/UPS.pm line 97, <SYSTAG>
> line 154.

This is an issue with Business::UPS and needs to be taken up with the
author of that module.  It is porobably safe to ignore the warning, though.

> 3. I use Interchange::Link and I had to add "SocketPerms 0666" to
> interchange.cfg.  I get the following warning in the global error.log:
>
> ALERT: /usr/local/interchange/etc/socket socket permissions are
> insecure; are you sure you want permissions 666?

If you trust everyone who has access to the server then you generally
don't have to worry about that, but it's a good idea to fix it anyways.
 The proper way to fix it is to properly set the owner and suid
permissions bit on your vlink file so that it can access the socket
without requiring 666 permissions on the socket.

Peter