[ic] Upgrade procedure

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 14:44:48 UTC 2009

>>> You have a duplicate Database line for your variable database.  check
>>> your catalog.cfg and included files (including files in the dbconf
>>> directory and subdirectories).
>>
>> You're right, I had variable.dbm in both dbconf/default_db and
>> dbconf/mysql.  I noticed I also have identical access.dbm and
>> mv_metadata.dbm files in those locations.  Does variable have special
>> handling in this case?
>
> Only the ones in the mysql directory should get pulled in.  Check your
> catalog.cfg for an extra Database line for the variable file.

The message actually disappeared after I removed the line from
dbconf/default_db/variable.dbm.  A bug maybe?

>>> This is an issue with Business::UPS and needs to be taken up with the
>>> author of that module.  It is porobably safe to ignore the warning, though.
>>
>> OK but should that usertag be disincluded from IC since it has a problem?
>>
>> code/UserTag/ups_query.tag
>
> If you're not using ups then you should be able to exclude the usertag
> without problems.  I would not consider the warning you mention to be
> enough of a "problem" to merit removing the usertag from IC.

A fresh installation of IC throwing a warning upon start/restart seems
to me like it should be fixed, but it's not a big deal.  I renamed
ups_query.tag to ups_query.tag.conflict and the warning disappeared.

Thanks a lot for all your advice.  The upgrade went very smoothly thanks to you.

- Grant