[ic] Upgrade procedure

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Mon Jun 15 22:50:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Grant wrote:

> I do have in catalog.cfg:
>
> VariableDatabase variable
>
> Does that refer specifically to dbconf/default_db/variable.dbm?

No, that refers to products/variable.txt.

> I see what you're saying, so the conflict is due to a problem with
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Business/UPS.pm, not a problem with
> ups_query.tag.  Do you know which version would be pulled in by
> Interchange::Bundle?  It looks like Business-UPS-2.0 is the latest.  I
> can't find mention of the version in the installed module's source. If
> Interchange::Bundle pulls in the latest Business::UPS, isn't it fair to
> say there is a problem with ups_query.tag (which is distributed with
> IC)?

Grant, I think something must be old there: Either the Business::UPS, or
the ups-query tag, or something, because I don't get any warning on
startup, and I don't see the $result variable mentioned in your error
message in either Business::UPS or ups_query.tag.

Are you sure you don't have an old ups-query tag floating around in a
different directory, catalog.cfg, or one of its includes?

Is there a $result variable in your Business::UPS source at line 97 as the
error would indicate?

Jon

--
Jon Jensen