[ic] Call for testers

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Wed Jun 17 17:15:00 UTC 2009

> imported

> >> Ok I must have missed that one.
> >>
> >> I got the new tree and compiled .. make however tells me in several
> >> locations:
> >> server/inetmode.......Bareword "Encode::FB_CROAK" not allowed while
> >> "strict
> >> subs" in use at
> >> /data/opt/site/git/interchange-
> >> utf8/interchange/blib/lib/Vend/CharSet.pm
> >> line 67.
> >>
> >> Can you reproduce this or is this something on my end?
> >
> > I've added:
> > no strict qw(subs);
> >
> > Not sure if that is the remedy or just delays the issue to a later
> > stage.
> >
> > But when you check this all out and make it etc on a clean
> > install... Does
> > that actually work for you?
> > For me it now was not installing all the additional modules needed
> > and again
> > I am not sure if that is my install or not.
>
> There have been some changes to the Vend::CharSet file from upstream
> since I originally wrote this code, so I haven't tested extensively on
> a completely fresh install for a while.  I will do that and push any
> fixes that I find that need fixing.

Ok David, let me know when that is done so I can pick things up again from
there.

Has there been any other update/progress? Has any work been done together
with Frederic?
Did anybody at some point get access to check his environment and work on
that or that never happened? ( I remembered some discussion in that area a
couple of months ago).

CU,

Gert