[ic] Call for testers

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Thu Jun 18 17:50:57 UTC 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 3:10 PM, jojospace wrote:

> Gert van der Spoel wrote:
> [DEL]
>> Ok I must have missed that one.
>>
>> I got the new tree and compiled .. make however tells me in several
>> locations:
>> server/inetmode.......Bareword "Encode::FB_CROAK" not allowed while
>> "strict
>> subs" in use at
>> /data/opt/site/git/interchange-utf8/interchange/blib/lib/Vend/
>> CharSet.pm
>> line 67.
>
> I got the same similar behavior last month ago.
> With my newest production server and with IC Developer build from May
> 2009, FreeBSD stable version 7 and perl version 5.10.

[snip]

> Without the workaround, I was not able to use the Spreadsheet page
> in UI
> and got a SafeUntrap error messages in the IC error log file each
> time.
> In such moment, I got a broken Spreadsheet page.
>
> I have switched the Perl version back to 5.8.9 and IC back to 5.6,
> because of my less time at this point (and to "reproduce" my developer
> server).
>
> I have no clue, about the cause of the two different misbehaviors. But
> it seems to me, anywhere is wrong or has a side effect with the newest
> Carp routines in Perl (> 5.?.?), Safe and maybe with UTF8.

jojospace,

Thanks for the report; I recently pushed a fix for the FB_CROAK issue,
which is different than any issues caused by the SafeUntrap.  The Safe
issues are also resolved in my interchange tree, so it may be worth
testing your Spreadsheet issue against it as well.

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen