[ic] Defunct CyberCash payment module

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sat Mar 14 02:32:06 UTC 2009

Quoting Jon Jensen (jon at endpoint.com):
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Mike Heins wrote:
>
> > Sadly, it is still in use.
>
> How does it work? We had a client using it and IIRC they were told by
> Verisign ca. 2004 that they had to switch to Payflow Pro because CyberCash
> was going away. You're saying that *PayPal* is still supporting the API
> that Verisign said was going away? Wow.
>
> Well, I guess that's why I asked first. :)

I just checked, and it is gone now.  And I now remember when it
did.

They claimed at least 5 major times to be dropping the system,
and each time they did not do it. My client would never go through
it.

Finally, when PayPal bough it, they claimed they were going to
be dropping it and did. This was Nov 1, 2007. The first claim
of end-of-life was November of 1999.

So I think it can be finally removed. Even if it wasn't, we
should remove it.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the
second time you make it. -- unknown