[ic] ic-utf8 readfile/writefile patch

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Sat Mar 21 18:29:34 UTC 2009

On Mar 21, 2009, at 7:33 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> One problem that might be related to this issue is the delivery of
> "binary"
> content stored in a UTF8 database.
>
> Currently the files produced are corrupted, and the data in the db is
> definitely correct. And it works with UTF8 inactive (as per bug #259).
>
> The code is as follows:
>
> my $data = $Db{transaction_documents}->field($td_code, 'content');
> $data = $Tag->filter({op => 'decode_base64', body => $data});
> $Tag->deliver({type => 'application/pdf', 						body => $data});
>
> Decode_base64 is a simple filter (content is stored base64 encoded):
>
> CodeDef decode_base64 Filter
> CodeDef decode_base64 Routine <<EOR
>
> use MIME::Base64;
> sub {
> 	return MIME::Base64::decode_base64(shift);
> }
> EOR

Without going into it yet, I'm going to guess that this has more to do
with the [deliver] tag than the database itself.  What I think is
happening is that the 8-bit character data returned from MIME::Base64
encode function is being reencoded to utf8 on output, something which
is only supposed to be happening if the content is text.  I think the
delivery tag should be special-cased here, or at least have the
content-type examined in order to see if we are returning raw data or
text; aka "text/*" -> output as utf8, anything else -> goes out raw.
I thought the logic was in place for this already, so I will need to
revisit; thanks for the detailed scenario.

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen