[ic] New catalog problem

Sergiusz Jarczyk sergiusz.jarczyk at qresc.com
Mon Mar 23 13:58:24 UTC 2009

Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Sergiusz Jarczyk (sergiusz.jarczyk at qresc.com):
>
>> Hi All
>> I've just set up a new catalog, based on IC 5.7.1 (nightly build). It's
>> a standard demo for now, with the following changes in catalog.cfg:
>> Variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET UTF-8
>> Variable MV_CHARSET utf-8
>> Variable MV_UTF8 1//
>> No other changes made. Now, the IC server starts with no
>> errors/warnings, but when I try to access the index page, I get the
>> following in my error.log:
>>
>> Runtime error: Can't locate object method "untrap" via package
>> "Vend::CharSet" at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/CharSet.pm line 94.
>>
>> Any ideas what can be the problem?
>>
>> Perl: v5.8.8 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
>> IC: 5.7.1-200903230658
>> DBD::Pg
>>

> My fault. I made a change last night and failed to commit Interpolate.pm.
> You can either get another nightly build, or make this patch to
> Interpolate.pm:

[...]

Hi Mike
The error dissapeared, but now I have another problem - Apache reports
timeout waiting for output from the cgi script... If I remove all
UTF-related entries from config, catalog starts with no problems.
Unfortunately, no more-telling entries in error.log - is there a switch
for enabling debug mode in IC? Sorry for such a simple question, but
before I started using UTF-8, I was able to simply modify themes and put
some custom libraries into IC, with no need for some extended logging...
Of course, after replacing Interpolate.pm, I've issued interchange -r... :-)

Sergiusz