[ic] Quick (hopefully) shipping question

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Wed Mar 25 15:09:24 UTC 2009

From: "Rick Bragg" <lists at gmnet.net>
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed in log_transaction that both the ship mode and description are
> saved in the transactions table.
>
> shipmode: [value mv_shipmode] ([shipping-desc])
>
> Would it break anything if I ONLY stored the description?
>
> example:
> shipmode: [shipping-desc]
>
> Would this be OK? or would it mess anything up from Standard?
>
> Thanks!
> rick

It's probably OK Rick. If you said you were going to remove the field from
the table, then I might have said just leave it in, it won't hurt.

If you are going to use/start from Standard and use the Admin, I'd make as
few unnecessary changes to things like log_transaction as possible. This way
you can upgrade that file from the distro as needed without having to
remember all the little edits you made to it.

Another way might be just to use a filter or regexp on the *display* of said
data in Admin or whatever you are using.

Paul Jordan

  Gish Network > For print, web, and life.
  t.626.275.2517   f.866.401.2657
  Design & Programming | www.gishnetwork.com
  Event Photography | www.voirvenir.com