[ic] tarball installation - closing ic cleanly on debian system shutdown

Friedrich Strohmaier listen_div at bits-fritz.de
Wed May 6 16:49:51 UTC 2009

Hello alltogether,

I'm new to this list and I'm new to interchange :o)).

I installed ic 5.6.1 from the tarball on my debian webserver, followed
the Catalog Building Tutorial and succeeded installing and running the
"standard"-catalog with postgresql database.

Here the first of a set of questions following one by one ;o)).

Is there an already working solution for an automatical (clean!!)
interchange daemon shutdown while shutting down the system?

I found this section in the docu which doesn't give an answer on this:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/docs/howtos/index.html#daemon-control

Before fiddling with a /etc/init.d/ script I ask here.

Starting is no problem. I will do so with a
@reboot interchange
crontab statement.

Thanks in advance
--