[ic] Iterations slow with mv_matchlimit incrementations

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Tue May 12 06:50:22 UTC 2009

e-mail does not seem to be the most useful medium to do performance tests.
Servers can start holding e-mails or other external influences can cause
e-mails to arrive less frequently.

Why not have 15 timestamps written to a logfile, so you can look at this
data and see if you can find any trends. Is it that the 15 timestamps are
increasing in interval equally?
So it was with
ml=10:   time,  time+I,   time+I+I,  time+I+I+I    (10, 15, 20, 25 etc)
ml=999999:   time,   time+(Ix10),  time+(Ix10+Ix10),  time+(Ix10+Ix10+Ix10)
(10, 60, 110, 160 etc)

or does ml=999999  show a less regular pattern where it has a spike between
two timings?

But you can imagine that it is shooting in a black hole here without
actually seeing the code.

CU,

Gert