[ic] How to use value from text input box in perl block

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue May 26 23:32:24 UTC 2009

On 05/26/2009 04:16 PM, IC wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am stuck on how to take the value from a text input box and use it as a
> variable in a perl block, I want to enter an order number into a box and use
> it as part of a perl sql query, I know this is simple for the gurus but I am
> stuck....

[perl transactions orderline]
my ($tdb, $odb) = @Db{qw{transactions orderline}};
my $order_number = $tdb->quote($CGI->{order_number});

my $sql = "SELECT * from transactions where order_number = $order_number";

my $results = $tdb->query($sql);

# do something with $results

return;
[/perl]

See the following docs for additional help on all this stuff (the first
one especially):
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Interchange_Perl_objects.html
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/tags/cgi.html
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/category:Interchange_forms.html