[ic] query2xls UserTag

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sat Oct 17 19:33:53 UTC 2009

Quoting Carl Bailey (carl at endpoint.com):

> On Oct 17, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Mike Heins wrote:
>
> > Haven't sent a new usertag skyward in a while....will work both
> > with nvend and Interchange. Attached as well as inline.
> >
> > # Copyright 2009 Perusion <mikeh at perusion.com>
> > #
> > # This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> > # it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
> > # the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
> > # (at your option) any later version.  See the LICENSE file for
> > details.
> > #
> > # $Id: query2xls.tag,v 1.0 2009-10-12 22:02:57 mheins Exp $
> >
> > UserTag query2xls AddAttr
> > UserTag query2xls Version  $Revision: 1.00 $
> > UserTag query2xls Documentation <<EOD
> > =head1 NAME
> >
> > query2xls -- Create XLS spreadsheet files from a SQL query
> >
> > =head1 SYNOPSIS
> >
> >   [query2xls
> >   		query="select field1,field2,field3 from table1"
> > 		sheet-name="Sheet 1 of 1"
> > 		file-name="file-to-create.xls"
> > 		base="tablename"
> > 		deliver=1
> > 		width=NN
> > 		max-width=NNN
> > 	]

[snip]
> May I suggest using Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Big if available. (See
> usage in backup_database.coretag.)
> This will support more rows per sheet for larger tables, bigger
> queries and newer versions of Excel.

Deprecated in the latest version of Spreadsheet::WriteExcel:

    NAME
	   Big - A class for creating Excel files > 7MB.

    SYNOPSIS
	   The direct use of this module is deprecated. See below.

    DESCRIPTION
	   The module is a sub-class of Spreadsheet::WriteExcel used for creating Excel files greater than
	   7MB.

	   Direct use of this module is deprecated. As of version 2.17 Spreadsheet::WriteExcel can create
	   files larger than 7MB if OLE::Storage_Lite is installed.

	   This module only exists for backwards compatibility.

> Also consider supporting a maxrows setting in $opt.

Don't think it's needed -- can you explain why it would be?

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown