[ic] Minor patch for XML gateways in Payment.pm

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Oct 30 01:42:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Chris Keane wrote:

> I have a client in Canada using PsiGate, now only accepting payment
> submissions via XML. Thinking that more and more gateways are going to
> insist on this I ended up patching Payment.pm to optionally transform
> $query into XML rather than & joined values. Quick and dirty but
> potentially useful to someone.
>
> In catalog.cfg,
>
> # use_xml value is the XML root tag name, e.g. <Order>...xml...</Order>
> Route psigate use_get /usr/bin/wget
> Route psigate use_xml Order

Chris,

Thanks for writing about this.

If PsiGate is only accepting payment submissions via XML, and they always
require the XML root tag be Order, we really should just update the
PsiGate module to do this automatically, shouldn't we? That is, rather
than modifying Vend::Payment in a way that really only applies to PsiGate.

I'd like to figure out how to get your change into the Interchange core in
the most appropriate way keeping the other payment modules in mind.

Thanks,
Jon

--
Jon Jensen