[ic] (no subject)

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Sep 2 12:24:19 UTC 2009

On 09/02/2009 12:39 AM, Raymond Cheng wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> Is there a way within ic that can email ship notification for orders'
> status updated with odbc? I have connected mysql with odbc to update
order status. I can change orders' status to shipped and archived them.
However, no email will be sent. Thank you.

If you're using odbc, then you're connecting directly to the database
and Interchange is not involved in that at all.  Some options are to run
a cron job that checks for a status change every once in a while and
sends out the appropriate emails, use triggers in your db to send out
the emails or send out the emails from the connecting odbc application.
 I'm not going to go into details about any of these, though.

Peter