[ic] Weekly IRC Meeting today / tomorrow

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Wed Sep 2 22:47:51 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 02 September 2009 23:26:37 Grant wrote:
> > The GoogleCheckout module really should have an update for dynamic tax
> > and shipping calcs, but as Google have abandoned it and punters don't
> > seem that keen on using it I can't see this work racing up the TODO list
> > any time soon. But put it in anyway.
>
> Could you elaborate on what it is that Google abandoned?  Thanks for
> your work with all this stuff.

If you go to http://code.google.com and look for GCO you will not find it where
it used to prominently kept. It's now listed under their other stuff which they
only put limited resources into. I haven't been to their developer's forum for
months, but it was continually full of complaints about bugs and deficiencies,
and about the poor or non-existent responses and fixes. All in all, it's plain
that allocated resources are now approaching zero.

Lyn