[ic] Get ActionMap to search 2 fields?

Carl Bailey carl at endpoint.com
Wed Sep 23 15:01:23 UTC 2009

On Sep 23, 2009, at 9:58 AM, IC wrote:

>> The problem is you're using a coordinated and search for inactive and
>> prod_group and trying to combine it with an or search for category2
>> or
>> category.  Interchange is not able to do this the way you want.
>>

>> Peter
>
> Thanks Peter, I have now had to modify the actionmap for a non-
> coordinated
> search:-
>
>    $CGI->{mv_coordinate} = 'no';
>    $CGI->{mv_substring_match} = 'yes';
>    $CGI->{mv_search_file} = 'products';
>    $CGI->{mv_return_fields} = 'sku,sale_price';
>    $CGI->{mv_search_field} = "category,category2";
>    $CGI->{mv_searchspec} = "$category";
>    $CGI->{mv_column_op} = "rm";
>
> This works but shows inactive products, to get around this I have
> had to
> modify the results page with:-
>
> [search-list]
> [if-item-field inactive != 1]
>
> Display product...
>
> [/if-item-field]
> [/search-list]
>
> Which again works ok, anyone have a better solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy.

Amdy,

That should work OK as long as you are displaying all your results on
one page.  If you are using a more-list, then the [if] will cause you
to have different numbers of results on different pages as different
numbers of inactive products are encountered and skipped.  Another
approach would be to create a view on your products table.  Something
like create view active_products as select * from products where
inactive <> 1.  Then run your IC search on the view.  Or find a way to
use the [query] tag instetead of search/scan.

Carl
Carl Bailey
t: 919-323-8025
carl at endpoint.com