[ic] Multiple fields for DescriptionField?

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Mon Dec 6 21:50:56 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there's some way to assign multiple fields for the
DescriptionField config directive. I have a catalog that uses various
fields to assemble product descriptions and I'm looking into ways to
make the code that does so more efficient.

For example, rather than [item-description] returning the value of an
item's description field, I'd want it to return the values of fields
desc01, desc03 and desc04 separated by spaces.

I've tried a simple test with an Autoload sub that changes the
DescriptionField and tried a comma-separated set of two field names
which didn't work.

I suppose I could write a UserTag that would override [item-description]
(or [PREFIX-description], I suppose), but would like to know if there
may be a better way of accomplishing this.

The catalog is running in IC 5.4.2 and uses a MySQL database. (Yes, I
know I need to upgrade IC).

Thanks,
Tom

--