[ic] Upgrade to Interchange-5.7.4 performance issues

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Thu Feb 11 10:18:10 UTC 2010

If you don't need UTF8 support, then you could try and add the following
line to your bin/interchange:

$ENV{MINIVEND_DISABLE_UTF8} = 1;

I had placed it above:
        # Uncomment next line if you want to guarantee use of DB_File
        #$ENV{MINIVEND_DBFILE} = 1;

I believe that makes Interchange to not try to load Encode and I believe it
made some difference for me (and then I removed it again because I actually
did need UTF8 support .. so instead I upgraded my hardware).

Also I had a query introduced that was kinda heavy.
What I did was copy a page that was going slow to 'test.html' and started
ripping out parts, until I found the culprit.

CU,

Gert