[ic] nsession generated as session ID for Windows 8 users prevents users from placing orders

David Etheredge David_e at charter.net
Thu Feb 25 02:06:01 UTC 2010

Checking my logs after receiving several customer complaints, I foind that
there has been a growing number of "nsession" in the session ID. After a lot
of tracing, ALL were from I.E.8 under Windoze Vista. This causes the loss of
items between the [Buy this item] and the cart. The order page does not use
interchange but is part of a separate 500k Perl Script or straight HTML.
This is occuring on 2 different sites.

Any fix for this?

TIA

David