[ic] Component limit??

NEST @ Yahoo nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 7 04:53:07 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response, thought nobody had ideas, it's been a while ;)

For #1, I see my mistake now, in the template/region/xxx file I only
Have 1 allocation for each location. I'll add more. I guess I had
in mind that it only needs to be declared once and that it would take
many components in that slot.

For #2, I noticed that in 5.5.1, the output in the UI is a text field for
each component, so I had inserted the names of locations by hand. Now in
5.6.2 I have a drop down with all basic demo choices, but not my own from my
templates. Where would I add that in the Admin UI? Here's a sample of
one of my region file (to which I added 3x allocations for each output
location):

[component group=vertical output="[control output head_left]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output head_core]"]
[output name=head_core_menu]__HEAD_CORE_MENU__[output name=trash]
[output name=head_core_menu_visit]__HEAD_CORE_MENU_VISIT__[output
name=trash]
[output name=head_core_menu_aqua]__HEAD_CORE_MENU_AQUA__[output name=trash]
[output name=head_core_menu_rides]__HEAD_CORE_MENU_RIDES__[output
name=trash]
[output name=head_core_menu_rates]__HEAD_CORE_MENU_RATES__[output
name=trash]
[output name=head_core_menu_zoology]__HEAD_CORE_MENU_ZOOLOGY__[output
name=trash]
[output name=head_core_menu_edu]__HEAD_CORE_MENU_EDU__[output name=trash]
[output name=head_core_menu_info]__HEAD_CORE_MENU_INFO__[output name=trash]
[component group=vertical output="[control output head_right]"]
[output name=head_right_menu]__HEAD_RIGHT_MENU__[output name=trash]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone1_left]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone1_left]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone1_left]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone1_core]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone1_core]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone1_core]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone1_right]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone1_right]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone1_right]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone2_left]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone2_left]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone2_left]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone2_core]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone2_core]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone2_core]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone2_right]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone2_right]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone2_right]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone3_left]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone3_left]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone3_left]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone3_core]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone3_core]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone3_core]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone3_right]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone3_right]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output zone3_right]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output foot1]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output foot2]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output foot3]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output foot4]"]
[component group=vertical output="[control output foot5]"]

So in the UI page editor, I would like to see all my zoneX_yyyy and footX
choices in the component output drop down. This is what I can't figure out.
The meta for this drop down is pointing to
standard_page_editor::ui_component::output, which is not in mv_metadata, and
has no other settings, it's all defaults in there.

I appreciate your help very much. There must be something I don't see...
Thank you

Martin H.
N.E.S.T. Solutions

Hi Martin,

You should be able to add as many components as you like. There must be
an output location available for each component you wish to use. Have
you tested this in the demo? I've got a basic vanilla catalog setup and
the content editor works consistently when adding new templates and
components. Perhaps you could post some of your template code here so we
can view the available output locations. I suspect some of those
locations are missing from the template.

For #2, did you add the locations from the Admin UI and publish?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Kershaw
End Point Corp.
Direct Line: 919-249-5356
Fax: 866-281-1373
http://www.endpoint.com

NEST @ Yahoo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering 2 things about templating, maybe someone can help me?
>
> 1) Is there a limit on the number of components we can use? I have
templates

> with about 15 output locations and many components. At 11 components in
the
> page it works still, and when I add a 12th, the last component in the page
> disappears from the page. How can I up that or find the issue? I need
about
> 25 components.
>
> 2) I can't seem to be able to make all my output locations appear in the
UI