[ic] interchange hanging

Dan Bergan dan at berganconsulting.com
Sun Jun 6 00:23:51 UTC 2010

If anyone could help me tracing the source of this problem, I would
really appreciate it:

Interchange 5.4.5

Periodically, my catalogs will become unresponsive.  When I ssh in to
my server, I see one interchange process taking all the cpu.  I don't
see anything out of the ordinary in the interchange logs, but in my
apache logs I see "premature end of script headers" for one catalog,
in another catalog the apache log says "ALERT: Interchange server not
running".

Restarting interchange will sometimes clear up the problem, but it
usually reappears a few times over an hour or so.  I'm guessing that
it is a bad robot or something similar, but I'm just not sure how to
track down what is causing this or what my solution should be.

I am planning on upgrading my hardware soon -- is there any way for me
to tell if it is a hardware bottleneck?

Thanks -
Dan