[ic] Adding Paypal worthwhile?

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Wed Jun 9 12:40:28 UTC 2010

Not sure if it does increase, people seem to ask for it on occasion.
Perhaps also depends on your type of business, who is your target market
etc, what is average order amount.

One of things to consider from my point of view is the fees .. 2,9% < $3000
per month + $0.30 per transaction.
So all in all that comes close to 3% of your order including shipping/vat
etc ...

In my case, for orders over 100-150 euros that does start to become
'expensive' compared to other methods.
Order of 1000 euros: Within EU banktransfer 2,50 approx, creditcard 15-19
euros, Paypal 30 euros ...
That will start leveling off if you have 100k per month via Paypal ..

If you have a big enough margin on your items then I suppose it is worth
considering, every additional payment method will help you make sales, even
if it is only 1-2 extra per month.

CU,

Gert