[ic] PCI Compliance

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Sat Jun 19 16:45:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, NEST @ Yahoo wrote:

> The one major change that did happen was an upgrade from Debian Etch to
> Debian Lenny.  I did not see any infos on that that could cause an issue
> but is there any thought that the CPAN modules you have to be recompiled
> and installed?  Is that something that could cause that kind of problem?

I don't think so. If the CPAN modules were a problem I'd expect Perl to
give errors when you try to start Interchange at all.

> I sets up the catalog o.k. but when I restart the IC it says that IC can
> not be stopped.

This kind of thing is incredibly hard to diagnose at a distance. It sounds
like something in your Interchange setup can't talk over expect UNIX or
TCP sockets, or paths have changed, or ownership or modes of directories
have changed, or you have mismatched pieces of Interchange.

If you're in a hurry to get it fixed, there's no substitute for hiring an
experienced consultant to log into your system and get to the bottom of
things. There are several of us available on this list. :)

If you want to keep troubleshooting, I'd suggest running "netstat -nlp" as
root when Interchange is running, to see what sockets Interchange is
using, and whether there are more than one. Try also "iptables -L -n -v"
to see whether iptables is in the way. And "cat /selinux/enforce" to see
if SELinux may be in the way.

Finally, it wasn't really clear to me from your previous reports: Is
Interchange actually working? Just "make test" fails and you can't run
"makecat", but existing catalogs work?

Jon

--
Jon Jensen