[ic] question about Interchange

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Tue Jun 22 04:38:40 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 14:30 -0400, Jennifer Hayes wrote:
> I am new at web design, I started web design for the primary reason of building my own site for my business. I am currently using Paypal  for my online store and am not happy with how it preforms. If I integrated Interchange into my site, could I make it have drop down options like I am currently using?
> How hard would it be to  make it work similar to my current set up? RE: http://www.vividme.com/prints.html
>
> Thanks,
> Jennifer
>
> JL Hayes
> Vivid Memories Photography
> http://www.VividMe.com
> 803-730-9685
>
> Visit us on Facebook

Hi Jennifer,  Welcome, I don't think I have seen your posts before.  I
would agree with what has been said so far.  There is a steep learning
curve with IC especially for a beginning designer, but it is well worth
it -IF- you want a long-lived site, security, and total flexibility with
freedom of unlimited customizations.  However, If you want a fast
web-site that looks/feels really slick right out of the box, than this
is probably not the best solution.  Another thing to think about is
where you will host it.  There are plenty of really great IC hosting
companies, they are usually more expensive than the run-of-the-mill, but
will help you more with your needs and also they usually will install
anything you need. There are tons of really cheap "PHP" based hosts out
there, (that don't support IC) but beware because you won't get any real
freedom, many times you don't even know where they are, and they mostly
don't install anything special for your needs.  All that said, there are
many people on this list that will help you through every step, and
whoever you decide to "host" with will also probably be very helpful.

Later
Rick