[ic] process.html 404 errors

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 01:53:47 UTC 2010

>>> This would appear to be due to the timed build of the product tree.  Any
>>> suggestions on how to best work around that?  Perhaps only timed_build
>>> if a cookie is present?

I don't use a timed build so the issue I'm seeing must be different,
but I think I've found an IC bug.  I've just seen the same problem
again from another Mac/Safari user:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_2; en-us)
AppleWebKit/531.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.3 Safari/531.9

The user had a [read-cookie MV_SESSION_ID] value containing a
different IP address from a previous visit a few days earlier.  That
previous visit worked perfectly, I can see that the session ID was
consistent throughout the IP's activity.  During the user's most
recent visit on a new IP, the session ID changed with every page
access.

Since the MV_SESSION_ID cookie should expire at the end of every
browser session, I'm thinking the user must have visited the site via
one connection, and then switched connections without closing the
browser.  The session cookie containing the wrong IP address must be
causing IC's session persistence to fail.

Can anyone here access the internet via 2 different IPs to test this?
Even better if you can use Safari, even better if you can use a Mac.

- Grant