[ic] [SPAM] Re: more list

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Mar 26 16:39:23 UTC 2010

Quoting Frank Reitzenstein (frank at aussievitamin.com):

> On 3/27/2010 12:40 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> > Ton Verhagen wrote:
> >> Hello All,
> >>
> >> I had the impression that it would be possible to format the 'current
> >> page' link in the more list. Unfortunately I cannot find anything
> >> right now.
> >>
> >> The ITL below:
> >> <ul>
> >> [more-list]
> >> [link-template]<a href="$URL$">$ANCHOR$</a>[/link-template]
> >> [more]
> >> [/more-list]
> >> </ul>
> >>
> >> generates code like (page 1 is current page):
> >>
> >> <ul>
> >> <strong>1</strong>
> >> </ul>
> >>
> >> This breaks html because of the current page (strong tags without <li>)
> >>

> >> What I want is following (page 1 is current page):
> >>
> >> <ul>
> >> <li class="down">1</li>
> >> </ul>
> >>
> >> wouldn't there be a 'current_page_template' sub tag for the more list
> >> or such?
> >> Thought there was something.....
> >>

> > I switch to use my own paging routine. [more-list] templates are not
> > flexible
> > enough.
> >
> > Regards
> >          Racke
> >

> [more-list] templates are not google friendly.
>
> I use static pages with content and list items on that:
>
> http://www.aussievitamin.com/shop/aussievitamin/couleur-caramel.html

Yes, we all do that, for SEO reasons.

> We plan to do better, but packing and ordering is my main occupation
> nowadays.

There's no reason we can't make them more friendly. Would this
type of work?

    http://www.aussievitamin.com/shop/pager/MM/Xw399awaqa/1/30/100.html

Then we just write a "pager" ActionMap which rearranges the components
of the path.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second time you
make it. -- unknown