[ic] URL encoding bug in Vend::Interpolate::esc

Rok Ruzic rok.ruzic at informa.si
Sun May 16 16:59:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, 16 May 2010 16:34:29 +0200
"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:

> This reference is outdated. Please look at this:
>
> http://labs.apache.org/webarch/uri/rfc/rfc3986.html#unreserved
>
> Please adjust your patch accordingly.

Yes, it makes sense to restrict our non-escaped character class
strictly to the characters explicitly mentioned as unreserved. I append
the revised patch.

I suggest we wait until monday, when members will probably have more
comments on this issue.

It might be a good idea to apply this patch for the time being, but for
the final solution i suggest we find a lib, that is thin enough for our
communal taste and, use it. I have a hunch, that something we
depend on already implements has this functionality.

LP,
Rox