[ic] Making interchange-pages html-valid

Rene interchange at hertell.com
Mon May 17 07:04:16 UTC 2010

Hi all!

I have just been cleaning up my code for making it validate the
w3c-validator (http://validator.w3.org). My code is correct, but there
was a couple of settigs i had to change in interchange.cfg to make the
core output correct (or desired) code

To make the more-list validator-happy, i had to add these to
interchane.cfg  (or if you use the debian-way of splitting up settings,
then settings.cfg)

Variable MV_HTML4_COMPLIANT 1
UrlSepChar &

Then the validator was complaining about the character-encoding.
Interchange outputs the	default http-charset in Server.pm as hardcoded
as iso8859-1, which according to wc3 should be iso-8859-1. So i added
also the following variable after the above settings:

variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET iso-8859-1

...and  restarted interchange. Now my site seems to be 100% "HTML 4.01
Transitional valid".

I wonder why these settings are not set as default settings in ic, or
atleast visible as a possible settings that you easily could change..

René