[ic] Is this a bug in the template engine?

Marty Tennison marty at dripdepot.com
Fri May 28 20:27:15 UTC 2010

IC 5.7.2
Perl 5.10.1
=======

Hi Gang,

I found a strange behavior in the template system when using the {{:DEFAULT}}
namespace in conjunction with the [include] tag.   Basically, when you use
[include] and you switch between a named space and the default space you get
duplicate content in the default.  For example....

Default layout file is this...
{{TEST}}
{{:DEFAULT}}

HTML file is this....
[include A.itl]
[include B.itl]
[include file="page/unpack/default"]

A.itl is this...
[output name="test"]
test-a
[output name=""]
default-a

B.itl is this...
[output name="test"]
test-b
[output name=""]
default-b

Results are this....(notice the duplicates in default)

test-a test-b
default-a   default-b   default-a   default-b

Strangely, if I do not use the DEFAULT name space it all works as expected.
It is only when I use {{:DEFAULT}} that I see the issue.  Also, if I do not
use [include] and just embed the code in the HTML file then all works as
expected.

is this a bug or just the way it works?

Marty Tennison Drip Depot Inc
email: marty at dripdepot.com