[ic] conditional surrounded reparse breaks

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Wed Nov 3 20:27:17 UTC 2010

I have a situation where I conditionally serve page content, alternatively serving and different page via an [include]. I realize I can use a bounce, but I do this in this particular page so the page name stays the same and the user is unaware they are not seeing what they are supposed to be seeing. Don’t comment on the “what?”, it’s a very odd situation with a third party that I have very limited access to. Simplified:

[tmp foo][/tmp]

[if scratch foo]
    [include pages/existingpage.html]
[else]

    regular page content
    [strip reparse=0]
        <!--[if IE]>
            test 1
        <![endif]-->
    [/strip]

[/else]
[/if]

The problem is that the [strip] surrounded IE conditionals (which usually work) don’t if it is within a condition itself – the last “[/if]” gets printed to the page. I am guessing this is an interpolation order issue. Anybody know of a way I can get this scenario to work?

In the back of my mind I was thinking there was a “Stop all other processing and serve page as-is” kinda tag, which I could simulate a bounceless bounce:

[tmp foo][/tmp]
[if scratch foo]
    [include pages/existingpage.html]
    [STOPPER]
[/if]

regular page content
[strip reparse=0]
        <!--[if IE]>
            test 1
        <![endif]-->
[/strip]

Any ideas on what to try? Or is it possible to have a mod made to stop IC in it’s tracks and just serve what has been processed? Kinda like a “return;”

TIA

Paul Jordan

Consulting, Design, & Programming > www.gishnetwork.com
t.626.275.2517 f.866.401.2657