[ic] Download error

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Mon Nov 15 17:51:07 UTC 2010

> Recently I'm getting complaints of customers being unable to download
> purchased items (pdf files). I did a test purchase and all seems OK if
> the buyer is logged into an established account. If however they check
> out without first creating an account, the purchase completes - but when
> they click the Download button from the receipt page, this error is
> displyed:

Recently means: I have this set up working for months without any problems,
I did not make any changes to anything on the website and all of a sudden it
now stopped working ...

Or did you actually add this as a new feature and it has not worked from the
beginning?

Did you upgrade any parts of your Interchange install?

> Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report
> the error or try again later. (Can't locate object method "new" via
> package "Vend::UserDB" (perhaps you forgot to load "Vend::UserDB"?) at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/UserDB.pm line 2008. )
>
> I see no errors in my IC logs or in my web server logs. I do see a 200
> for the pdf in the web server log. I don't have much to go on... does
> anyone have any thoughts? This is 5.6.3 using a modified foundation store.
>
> DB

Do you have a development environment?

If so you can add some debug logging to your process where people click on
the PDF link, to see what starts happening.

Perhaps it does a lookup in a cookie, or does check if the user is logged in
and if not the case tries to call some other things. Is this existing code
from the foundation, or something written by yourself?